The Federation of Business Disciplines' mission is to facilitate the multidisciplinary exchange of ideas that
foster professional growth and enrichment for its members to improve instruction, research and academic/business development.
Our goals are to:
- Be the best nationwide professional association.
- Promote high-quality teaching, research and service.
- Be recognized as high quality, national meeting.
- Increase diversity and encourage multidisciplinary interaction among members.
- Recognize outstanding achievement of members.
- Encourage excellence through peer evaluation of scholarly work.
- Provide social and professional opportunities for networks of scholars.
- Effectively serve member associations with program coordination, pre-registration, on-site registration and placement.
- Encourage strong support from academic administrators.
- Facilitate faculty placement.
- Coordinate an annual meeting at the most accommodating site.
- Be a financially viable professional association.
The Federation of Business Disciplines (FBD) is a highly successful multi-disciplinary, non-profit, volunteer-driven organization.
As a major force for business faculty, FBD presently includes academic associations that share common goals to:
- Promote high-quality teaching, research and services
- Encourage excellence through peer-evaluation of scholarly work
- Recognize outstanding achievement of members
- Increase diversity and encourage multi-disciplinary interaction
- Provide social and professional opportunities for networks of scholars
- Facilitate faculty placement
The FBD does not discriminate based on race, religion, country of origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, or gender identity.
In pursuing its goals, FBD is committed to providing:
- Excellence in professional service, research and teaching.
- A climate conducive to increase scholarship through resource development, knowledge expansion and knowledge utilization.
- An environment that promotes cooperation among member associations and their members, academic administrators, business/industry and business leaders/ community.
- Honesty, fairness, responsible leadership and ethical behavior.
- Continued support of excellence in annual meetings.
FBD is governed by a board of directors consisting of a president, vice president and general program chair, vice president and general program chair elect,
secretary/treasurer, coordinator of registration, executive director, director of marketing, webmaster, placement director, historian,
two representatives from each member association, and two ad hoc representatives from the publishers who exhibit at FBD meetings.
Each association has its elected officers: a president, a vice president, a secretary-treasurer and a program chair.